Affordable rail tickets: our saver fares start at EUR 21.90
No-risk booking: You can cancel the saver fare ticket for a fee before the first day of validity or within 12 hours of purchase.
- Can be cancelled for a fee
- 25% discount with the BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50 (excluding City-Ticket)
- Children up to 14 years of age travel free of charge in many cases with an accompanying person who is at least 15 years of age
Frequently asked questions about the saver fare ticket
2nd-class travel for as little as EUR 21.90
1st-class travel for as little as EUR 32.90
Single journey, subject to availability
You can change or cancel your saver fare ticket before the first day of validity. The processing fee is EUR 10. We issue as a refund a voucher that is valid for 3 years. It is not possible to cancel a ticket on or after the day of travel.
If you have booked an outbound and return journey on a single ticket, the two journeys must be cancelled together. If you are unsure about one of the journeys, book the tickets separately.
To cancel your saver fare ticket, log in to your My Bahn customer account and go to "My last bookings". You can also use the order search function. Afterwards, you can book your new ticket as you normally would.
You can cancel your digital ticket free of charge within a period of 12 hours (720 minutes) after purchase regardless of the specific offer's terms and conditions. Payment will be refunded in full.
- Children up to 5 years of age always travel free of charge and do not need to be indicated when booking.
- Children aged 6-14 travel free of charge when accompanied by a person aged 15 or over. However, they must be indicated in the booking. The ticket holder can bring up to four children per ticket.
- Exception: When using a City-Ticket, children aged 6-14 pay the children's fare for a single journey in the respective transport association.
- Children aged 0-5 always travel free of charge.
- Children aged 6-14 pay half the adult fare.
Within the constraints of the timetable changeovers in June and December, you can book tickets max. 6 months before you travel.
If you have a saver fare ticket, you can only travel on the service indicated on the ticket. Offers are available for ICE/IC/EC connections within Germany. You can use local transport (e.g. RE, RB, IRE and S-Bahn or non-DB trains) to get to/from a long-distance station if you include them in your booking. You are not restricted to travelling on a specific train when using local rail services. However, your journey must be completed by 10:00 am the following day.
BahnCard 25 and 50 holders get a 25% discount
Passengers who purchase a saver fare can also use the City-Ticket. It is now issued as an add-on to the saver fare, depending on your connection.
When booking a saver fare, the City-Ticket will be available separately for a fee depending on the specific departure or destination stop. This is subject to the following conditions:
- The departure or destination stop is in one of the approximately 130 City-Ticket towns and cities
- Your booking includes a journey to or from the long-distance service within the City-Ticket area using local transport
If you indicate in your booking enquiry that you only need DB long-distance trains (e.g. from Cologne Main Station to Berlin Central) and do not require a transfer within the City-Ticket area using local transport, the saver fare ticket will be issued without a City-Ticket.
No. A saver fare ticket does not grant the holder access to a DB Lounge.