Affordable rail tickets: our saver fares start at EUR 21.90
No-risk booking: You can cancel the saver fare ticket for a fee before the first day of validity or within 12 hours of purchase.
- Can be cancelled for a fee
- 25% discount with the BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50
- City-Ticket included
- Children up to 14 years of age travel free of charge with an accompanying person who is at least 15 years of age.
Frequently asked questions about the saver fare ticket
2nd-class travel for as little as EUR 21.90
1st-class travel for as little as EUR 32.90
Single journey, subject to availability
You can change or cancel your saver fare ticket before the first day of validity. The processing fee is EUR 10. We issue as a refund a voucher that is valid for 3 years. It is not possible to cancel a ticket on or after the day of travel.
If you have booked an outbound and return journey on a single ticket, the two journeys must be cancelled together. If you are unsure about one of the journeys, book the tickets separately.
To cancel your saver fare ticket, log in to your My Bahn customer account and go to "My last bookings". You can also use the order search function. Afterwards, you can book your new ticket as you normally would.
You can cancel your digital ticket free of charge within a period of 12 hours (720 minutes) after purchase regardless of the specific offer's terms and conditions. Payment will be refunded in full.
- Children up to 5 years of age always travel free of charge and do not need to be specified when booking.
- Children aged 6-14 travel free when accompanied by someone aged 15 or over. However, they must be specified at the time of booking. The ticket holder can bring up to 4 children per ticket.
- Children aged 0-5 always travel free of charge.
- Children aged 6-14 pay half the adult fare.
Within the constraints of the timetable changeovers in June and December, you can book tickets max. 6 months before you travel.
If you have a saver fare ticket, you can only travel on the service indicated on the ticket. Offers are available for ICE/IC/EC connections within Germany. You can use local transport (e.g. RE, RB, IRE and S-Bahn or non-DB trains) to get to/from a long-distance station if you include them in your booking. You are not restricted to travelling on a specific train when using local rail services. However, your journey must be completed by 10:00 am the following day.
BahnCard 25 and 50 holders get a 25% discount
A saver fare ticket for a journey over 100 km includes a City-Ticket. If "+City" is shown on your ticket, you know that the City-Ticket option covers your start and destination stations.
No. A saver fare ticket does not grant the holder access to a DB Lounge.