Super saver fare tickets for affordable rail travel
Green travel across Germany with the super saver fare ticket, from EUR 17.90.
During the promotional period, from as little as EUR 9.90 on short-haul ICE trains - while stocks last.
- Now back: Travel on short routes on the ICE from just EUR 9.90 - while stocks last
- Children up to 14 years of age travel free of charge in many cases with an accompanying person who is at least 15 years of age
- 25% discount with the BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50 (excluding City-Ticket)
Frequently asked questions about the super saver fare ticket
The price of a super saver fare ticket for a single journey starts at EUR 17.90 in second class and EUR 26.90 in first class. Prices are subject to availability.
Travel on short routes from as little as EUR 9.90 with the Super Sparpreis promotion (bookable from 19 September to 31 March 2024) - while stocks last.
No. It is not possible to exchange or cancel this type of ticket.
If you buy a ticket via int.bahn.de or DB Navigator, you can cancel it free of charge within a period of 12 hours (720 minutes) after purchase regardless of the specific offer's terms and conditions. Payment will be refunded in full.
- Children up to 5 years of age always travel free of charge and do not need to be indicated when booking.
- Children aged 6-14 travel free of charge when accompanied by a person aged 15 or over. However, they must be indicated in the booking. The ticket holder can bring up to four children per ticket.
- Exception: When using a City-Ticket, children aged 6-14 pay the children's fare for a single journey in the respective transport association.
- Children aged 0-5 always travel for free.
- Children aged 6-14 pay half the adult fare.
Super saver fare tickets can be bought up to 180 days before the day you want to travel.
If you have a saver fare ticket, you can only travel on the service indicated on the ticket. Offers are available for ICE/IC/EC connections within Germany. You can use local transport (e.g. RE, RB, IRE and S-Bahn or non-DB trains) to get to/from a long-distance station if you include them in your booking. You are not restricted to travelling on a specific train when using local rail services. However, your journey must be completed by 10:00 am the following day.
The super saver fare promotion offer is only valid for long-distance trains (ICE, IC/EC).
A BahnCard 25 or 50 gets you a 25% discount.
Passengers who purchase a super saver fare can also use the City-Ticket. It is now issued as an add-on to the super saver fare, depending on your connection.
When booking a super saver fare, the City-Ticket will be available separately for a fee depending on the specific departure or destination stop. This is subject to the following conditions:
- The departure or destination stop is in one of the approximately 130 City-Ticket towns and cities
- Your booking includes a journey to or from the long-distance service within the City-Ticket area using local transport
If you indicate in your booking enquiry that you only need DB long-distance trains (e.g. from Cologne Main Station to Berlin Central) and do not require a transfer within the City-Ticket area using local transport, the saver fare ticket will be issued without a City-Ticket.
The super saver fare promotion is only offered on long-distance trains (ICE, IC/EC) and is not available with a City-Ticket.
No. A super saver fare ticket does not grant the holder access to a DB Lounge.