For everyone under 27: the super saver fare ticket for young people
Inexpensive and flexible travel within Germany is all yours for as little as EUR 12.90 on selected routes. On sale now as a permanent offer.
- 25% discount with the BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50 (excluding City-Ticket)
- Can be booked in the app
Frequently asked questions about the super saver fare ticket for young people
Super Sparpreis Young
Depending on availability, a one-way super saver fare ticket for young people for 2nd class can cost as little as EUR 12.90.
Information on the super saver fare ticket for young people has been available in our regular travel information since 12 December 2021. This new ticket is for customers up to and including 26 years of age, so we have introduced a new passenger type. The offering is available along with all of the other ticket types listed for passengers aged 15-26. This also applies to the app.
Eligibility is based on the passenger's age on the first day of travel. Train attendants check the passenger's age.
- Children up to 5 years of age always travel free of charge and do not need to be indicated when booking.
- Children aged 6-14 travel free of charge when accompanied by a person aged 15 or over. However, they must be indicated in the booking. The ticket holder can bring up to four children per ticket.
- Exception: When using a City-Ticket, children aged 6-14 pay the children's fare for a single journey in the respective transport association.
No. Exchanges and cancellations are not available for super saver fare tickets for young people.
You can cancel your digital ticket free of charge within a period of 12 hours (720 minutes) after purchase regardless of the specific offer's terms and conditions. Payment will be refunded in full.
Yes, the ticket is available for children and young adults aged 26 and under (eligibility is based on age on first day of travel).
The offer can be purchased up to 180 days before the day you want to travel.
If you have a super saver fare ticket for young people, you may only use the connection indicated on your ticket. Super saver fare tickets for young people are available for ICE and IC/EC services within Germany. You can use local trains (e.g. RE, RB, IRE, S-Bahn and non-DB trains) to get to/from a railway station if you include them in your booking. You are not restricted to travelling on a specific train when using local rail services. However, your journey must be completed by 10:00 am of the following day.
A BahnCard 25 or 50 gets you a 25% discount.
Passengers who purchase a super saver fare can also use the City-Ticket. It is now issued as an add-on to the super saver fare, depending on your connection.
When booking a super saver fare, the City-Ticket will be available separately for a fee depending on the specific departure or destination stop. This is subject to the following conditions:
- The departure or destination stop is in one of the approximately 130 City-Ticket towns and cities
- Your booking includes a journey to or from the long-distance service within the City-Ticket area using local transport
If you indicate in your booking enquiry that you only need DB long-distance trains (e.g. from Cologne Main Station to Berlin Central) and do not require a transfer within the City-Ticket area using local transport, the saver fare ticket will be issued without a City-Ticket.