Low-cost train travel between Germany and France
From EUR 29.90 by ICE or TGV, e.g. from Saarbrücken or Kaiserslautern to Paris.
From EUR 39.90 on longer routes, e.g. from Frankfurt to Paris or Marseille.
- Frankfurt - Paris in 3:40 hours
- Direct Frankfurt - Lyon - Marseille connection
- Seat reservation included
- 25% discount on the German part of the route with BahnCard 25 and 50
- Tickets are available up to six months in advance
Frequently asked questions about the super saver fare Europe France
Super Sparpreis Europa
Tickets for a single journey start from EUR 29.90 in second class and EUR 39.90 in first class. Prices are subject to availability.
You will receive a 25% discount on the German section of the route with the BahnCard 25/50/100. The BahnCard 100 discount does not apply to the super saver fare Europe France.
- Children up to the age of 5 travel free of charge (incl. free seat reservation for trains requiring reservations, no ticket required) Children up to the age of 3 are only allowed to travel in France if accompanied.
- The following applies to children aged 6 to 14, who are accompanied by at least one passenger aged 15 or older and who are entered on that person's ticket:
- Travel free of charge on the DB section of the route
- Pay half of the adult fare on the SNCF section of the route.
- Children from 0 to 5 years always travel free of charge. Children up to the age of 3 are only allowed to travel in France if accompanied.
- Children aged 6-14 pay half the adult fare.
You can book tickets up to six months before you travel until one day before your journey. Please observe the timetable changeovers in June and December.
The City-Ticket is not included.
You may only travel on long-distance trains (ICE, TGV INOUI) and on the days indicated on the ticket.
If starting or completing your journey on regional or local trains (RE, RB, IRE, S-Bahn), you are not restricted to specific services or times. Your journey must be completed by 10:00 am the following day.
No. Super saver fare tickets are excluded from exchange and cancellation.
If you buy a ticket via int.bahn.de or the DB Navigator app, you can cancel it free of charge within a period of 12 hours (720 minutes) after purchase, regardless of the specific offer's terms and conditions. Payment will be refunded in full.
No. A super saver fare Europe ticket does not grant the holder access to a DB Lounge.