BahnCard 50, second class: spontaneous flexibility for frequent travellers
- 50% discount on the flexible fare and 25% discount on saver offers in long-distance transport
- Can be used as a digital BahnCard directly in the app (no need to carry the plastic card)
- Further discounts with many transport associations, trains and buses
Frequently asked questions
The BahnCard 50 gives you a BahnCard discount of 50 per cent on flexible fares and 25 per cent on saver and super saver fares within Germany in the corresponding coach class.
You can use the ICE and IC/EC trains, ÖBB Nightjet (reservation may be required) and local transport (IRE, RE, RB, S-Bahn).
Many transport associations, bus operators and private rail operators also grant BahnCard 50 discounts.
On top of this, attractive discounts are available in over 20 other countries until December 2023.
The BahnCard is available to all travellers between the ages of 27 and 64. When you order your BahnCard, your date of birth is used to check whether you comply with this.
Please also show your official photo ID during the ticket inspection on the train.
- Travellers between the ages of 6 and 26 can use the My BahnCard
- Persons up to and including 64 years of age who receive a pension due to full invalidity, and severely disabled persons with a disability rate of at least 70 are entitled to a discounted BahnCard
- The BahnCard for senior citizens is available for people aged 65 and over
The costs of the BahnCard 50 are as follows:
- EUR 244 for second class
- EUR 492 for first class
The BahnCard is valid for 12 months. A BahnCard 50 is valid for one year starting on the first day of its stated validity period. It is automatically extended by one year if it is not cancelled in writing six weeks before it is due to expire.
Yes, this BahnCard is always automatically extended by one year unless it is cancelled in writing six weeks before it is due to expire. The subsequent card is either a regular or reduced BahnCard, or a first/second-class My BahnCard.
If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact BahnCard customer service.
You can cancel your BahnCard up to six weeks before the end of the validity period in two ways:
- Online: via the contact form
- By post: BahnCard Service, 60643 Frankfurt, Germany
- By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply use your customer account:
- Log in to your customer account via website or in the Next DB Navigator app.
- Under "BahnCard" you can find out whether you can cancel.
- If cancellation is possible, confirm by clicking "Cancel BahnCard".
You can buy your BahnCard 50 online right here.
It is also available at DB travel centres and Deutsche Bahn agencies, as well as in the DB Navigator app.