Can I buy the flexible fare Europe ticket for my child who will be travelling alone?
Children travelling on their own or accompanied:
Children pay a reduced fare for the trip from the age of either 4 or 6, depending on the country. Therefore, please indicate their age when booking. The age on the day of departure applies. In some countries, children travelling alone and persons accompanying them must be above a certain age. The next two questions provide more information.
In Germany, children and young people aged 15 and over pay the full fare. Abroad, children and young people pay the full price from the age of 12, 14, 15, 16 or 17, depending on the country:
- In Finland from the age of 17
- In Denmark, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland from the age of 16
- In Austria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic from the age of 15
- In Montenegro, Serbia and Hungary from 14 years of age
- In all other countries from 12 years of age
The price is calculated automatically when booking.