My BahnCard 25, 2nd class: For everyone under 27
- 25% discount on the flexible fare and saver fares for long-distance travel
- Can be used as a digital BahnCard right in the app (no need to carry the plastic card)
- Further discounts with many transport associations, bus operators and trains
Frequently asked questions
My BahnCard 25 gives you a 25% BahnCard discount on super saver, saver and flexible fares.
The My BahnCard 50 gives you a 50% BahnCard discount on flexible fares and a 25% discount on super saver and saver fares within Germany in the corresponding travel class.
You can use the ICE, IC/EC trains, ÖBB Nightjet (reservation may be required) and local transport (IRE, RE, RB, S-Bahn).
Many transport associations, bus operators and private rail operators also provide My BahnCard discounts.
If the BahnCard is recognised on the desired connection, the discount is automatically deducted at the time of booking. You can use the digital BahnCard in the same way as the plastic BahnCard for the various regional fares and transport associations.
Whether the BahnCard is recognised in the respective state tariffs or transport associations is regulated by their tariff and transport conditions.
All young travellers from 6 to 26 years of age can use the My BahnCard 25 or My BahnCard 50. As a result, both cards are attractive options for many students.
However, My BahnCard is a subscription product and may not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18. For these young travellers, the card must be purchased at a DB Travel Centre or DB agency by a parent or guardian.
A My BahnCard does not feature a photo. When travelling, please bring your passport or national ID card with you for presentation during ticket inspection. No photo ID is required for holders under the age of 16.
- My BahnCard 25 (2nd class) for EUR 36.90 per year
- My BahnCard 25 (1st class) for EUR 77.90 per year
- My BahnCard 50 (2nd class) for EUR 69.90 per year
- My BahnCard 50 (1st class) for EUR 241 per year
The My BahnCard 25/50 is valid for 12 months from the first day of validity.
Yes, your My BahnCard 25 or My BahnCard 50 is automatically renewed for one year unless you cancel it in writing at least 6 weeks before it is due to expire. The follow-up card will be either a new My BahnCard or a regular or reduced BahnCard for 1st or 2nd class.
If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact BahnCard customer service.
You can cancel your BahnCard up to six weeks before the end of the validity period in two ways:
- Online: via the contact form
- By post: BahnCard Service, 60643 Frankfurt, Germany
- By E-Mail: email@example.com
Simply use your customer account:
- Log in to your customer account via website or in the DB Navigator app.
- Under "BahnCard" you can find out whether you can cancel.
- If cancellation is possible, confirm by clicking "Cancel BahnCard".
Passengers aged 18 and up can order their My BahnCard here online.
The cards can also be purchased at a DB Travel Centre, a Deutsche Bahn agency or in the DB Navigator app.
My BahnCard is a subscription product and may not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18. For these young travellers, the card must be purchased at a DB Travel Centre or DB agency by a parent or guardian.